Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
The fact is, we weren't really driving our car that much anyway (hence the low mileage).
- I walk to work rain or shine.
- Keith works at home.
- The kids go to school two blocks away. (see photo)
- We were tired of getting parking tickets on street sweeping days. ($36 x several times a year - ouch!)
- We are only a few short blocks away from the Elmwood shopping district which includes a movie theater, post office, library, restaurants and more.
- We are within walking distance to at least three supermarkets (the true test of this experiment will be how we cope with our weekly food shopping).
Thursday, October 2, 2008
An informal mass emailing to friends, a couple of postings on a local parents listserv, two weeks of Craig's List postings, several interested emails, four test-drives and a market crash of global proportions later and we finally sold the car. Our buyer got a pretty good deal -- way below the $9200 Blue Book value. They must have been thrilled to get a car with such low mileage (25K). We are now officially without a car.