The fact is, we weren't really driving our car that much anyway (hence the low mileage).
- I walk to work rain or shine.
- Keith works at home.
- The kids go to school two blocks away. (see photo)
- We were tired of getting parking tickets on street sweeping days. ($36 x several times a year - ouch!)
- We are only a few short blocks away from the Elmwood shopping district which includes a movie theater, post office, library, restaurants and more.
- We are within walking distance to at least three supermarkets (the true test of this experiment will be how we cope with our weekly food shopping).